The SIGI 2014 Synthesis Report presents the key results in the five SIGI 2014 dimensions, namely: restricted family code, restricted physical integrity, son bias, restricted resources and assets, and restricted civil liberties.
The report includes some thematic and regional analysis, and provides some best practices and priority action areas.
Main messages of the report :
- Social institutions can be a source of positive social transformation and empowerment
- Discriminatory social institutions have a dominoeffect on a woman’s whole life cycle
- Gender-neutral laws and policies are notenough to guarantee equality
- Data on gender equality has improved, but greater investments are needed to bridge the gaps
- Gender equality needs the united voices and actions of a cross-section of actors
Access the full report here.